Pitch Recognition (learning to recognize the type of pitch thrown)
A. The Fastball
Types Of Fastballs
1. The "Four Seam" Fastball
a. Will see "horizontal seams" with a 6-to-12 rotation.
2. The "Two Seam" Fastball
a. Will see "vertical seams" with a 6-to-12 rotation.
3. The "Cut" Fastball
B. Off-Speed Pitches
Most Common Types Of Off-Speed Pitches
1. Curveball--a "circle" will appear inside of "vertical seams".
2. Slider--a "dot" will appear inside of "vertical seams".
3. Forkball--"vertical seams" will appear with a 12-to-6 rotation. The 12-to-6 rotation will be much slower than the fastball rotation.
4. Knuckleball--the seams will have very little movement.
5. Straight Change Up--designed to upset the timing of the hitter by changing speeds.
6. Circle Change
Please Support This Site
Please make your Amazon, eBay, and Groupon purchases using the links on our site instead of going directly to their websites, at no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Amazon.com, eBay.com, Goupon.com
AMAZON SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
Contract Cell Phones & Service Plans
VISIT eBAY BASEBALL &SOFTBALL
Baseball & Softball Bats
Gloves & Mitts
VISIT THE GROUPON FAN SHOP
MLB Fan Shop
NCAA Fan Shop
NFL Fan Shop
BASEBALL TRAINING SITES
How To Hit The Baseball
SIX1FIVE Sports Training
Elite Athletic Events
Learn more about Hitting Fundamentals in the next article Hitting Strategy
How to Hit the Baseball